SAY GOODBYE TO ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
Erectile dysfunction is the inability to get and keep an erection firm enough for sex. It is also known as ‘impotence’.
Having erection trouble from time to time isn’t necessarily a cause of concern since day to day activities affect the libido and desire. However, if erectile dysfunction is an ongoing issue, then it is a cause of concern. It can cause stress, affect your self-confidence and contribute to relationship problems. Problems getting or keeping an erection can also be a sign of an underlying health condition that needs treatment.
Erectile dysfunction doesn’t have to ruin your life! Take charge of the situation, get knowledge about the topic, take action and reclaim your health.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS
Erectile dysfunction symptoms might include persistent:
- Trouble getting an erection
- Trouble keeping an erection
- Reduced sexual desire
WHAT CAUSES IT
The causes of erectile dysfunction can be divided into physical, psychological, and environmental.
Physical Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
Usually, chronic conditions are the reason behind erectile dysfunction. Some of these causes include:
- Poor nutrition
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Weight gain
- Heart diseases
- Clogged blood vessels (atherosclerosis)
- High blood pressure
- Metabolic syndrome—a condition involving increased blood pressure, high insulin levels, high body fat, and high cholesterol
- Multiple sclerosis
- Certain prescription medications
- Tobacco use
- Peyronie’s disease—development of scar tissue inside the penis
- Alcoholism and other forms of substance abuse
- Insomnia and sleep disorders
- Treatments for prostate cancer or enlarged prostate
- Surgeries or injuries that affect the pelvic area or spinal cord
Psychological Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
Mind plays a key role in triggering physical responses which lead to erection. The conditions which can cause erectile dysfunction are:
- Relationship problems due to stress, poor communication or other concerns
Other Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
Environmental toxins are affecting our well-being on so many levels. It is increasing as we rely more and more on modern conveniences. Some of these affecting testosterone levels and thereby causing erectile dysfunction are:
- Exposure to Xenoestrogens
These are chemicals that act as estrogen mimicking hormones in the body. These man-made chemicals have overtaken our lives and are wreaking havoc on our bodies. Their worst impact is misbalancing the hormonal levels of the body thereby disrupting almost all functions of the body. These chemicals are found in almost everything around us:
- Plastic & cans containing
- PBDEs (flame retardants used in plastics, foams, building material, electronics, furnishings, moto vehicles)
- Skin care products containing
- Food color Red No. 3
- BHA (food preservative)
- Phenosulfothiazine (a red dye)
And many more. Realistically speaking, it is impossible for us to avoid all xenoestrogens, especially living in large towns and cities. However, we can limit their exposure by removing as many from our environment as possible starting with the most prevalent like plastic water bottles, storing food items in plastic bags and containers, buying cheap plastic toys for children, choosing organic local produce over food grown with pesticides, herbicides and fungicides.
- Plastic & cans containing
- Pornography According to Prostate.net, “A significant increase in the percentage of men younger than 40 who are experiencing erectile dysfunction and other sexual challenges has prompted experts to look for possible underlying causes. Although not all experts agree, pornography may be one contributing cause of this rising problem.For example, a review and evaluation of clinical reports conducted by investigators at the Naval Medical Center San Diego noted that men who engage in Internet pornography may develop unrealistic expectations regarding sex since they have access to extremes of sexual behavior, yet are disappointed when real-life sexual partners don’t match them, resulting in erectile dysfunction and less than satisfying sexual encounters.”
- Periodontitis As far-fetched as it may seem, several studies have identified an association between oral health and erectile dysfunction although the researches need to be conducted to explore this further. It has already been established that there is a direct relationship between oral health and cardiovascular disease so the association between periodontal disease and erectile dysfunction is also plausible.
WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT TESTOSTERONE
Erectile dysfunction cannot be discussed without talking about testosterone.
Testosterone is a hormone that men have, and to a lesser extent women as well. It is most commonly associated with sex drive though it does so much more.
First thing you want to remember is testosterone is more than just a sex hormone. It plays many other vital roles in the body such as:
- Provides more energy / stamina to the body
- Increases fat burning capabilities
- Improves muscle building potential
- Healthier production of red blood cells
- Increases sex drive
Which guy would say ‘nay’ to any of these?
Let’s take a moment and talk about why testosterone is so important for men and why we should focus on its production.
If you have levels of testosterone that are too high or low, it can affect both your mental and physical health. In men, the testicles are primarily responsible for making testosterone, and in women, it’s the ovaries, although it’s a much smaller amount.
Generally speaking, testosterone levels begin to decline around age 30,but they never have to get low enough to cause any problems. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Testosterone levels are declining in men with each generation. We will discuss these reasons in a little while.
When men have testosterone levels that are lower than average, it can lead to many symptoms including decreased sex drive, low energy, sleep changes, chronic fatigue, weight gain, and depression. It can also create moodiness, low self-esteem, reduced body hair and thinner bones. While for most men testosterone production does go down with age, other things can cause it to decline as well including chemotherapy or radiation and chronic diseases. Some of the chronic diseases that may cause a decline in testosterone production include kidney disease, AIDS, and cirrhosis of the liver.
On the other hand, for people who have elevated testosterone there may be symptoms such as adrenal gland disorder, and in women, the development of masculine features.
HOW TO CURE IT
Food is medicine.
Your body works well if it is fed well. If any function in your body is low, meaning there is an imbalance. All you need to do is re-balance your body and let the nature do the rest.
The same is true for low libido and low testosterone levels. There are foods that can boost your testosterone levels. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise! We are not smarter than the Creator who has given us everything we need within this perfect system. Let me assure you…ANY hormonal imbalance can be readjusted without the use of pharmaceutical medicine.
The way drugs like Viagra and Levitra work is they inhibit an enzyme which inactivates something called cGMP which would otherwise dilate penile blood vessels. So enzyme inhibition means more cGMP which means more blood flow. However, there is another way of increasing cGMP levels without using any drugs! This is done by stimulating the enzyme that makes it—Nitric Oxide.
Nitric Oxide is made from arginine which can be produced by citrulline.
If you eat more citrulline, it will produce more arginine, which will produce more Nitric Oxide, which will produce more testosterone and thereby addressing the problem at its root!
⬆Citrulline➔ ⬆Arginine➔ ⬆NO➔ ⬆Testosterone
Conventional drugs inhibit the production of enzyme which blocks the penile blood flow and thus may address erection. But they don’t do anything to increase libido, increase sex drive or give harder and longer erections. That’s why the opposite approach is so much more effective. If you increase the production of testosterone levels, it comes as a wholesome package and will add onto the quality of your intimacy overall.
TESTOSTERONE BOOSTING FOODS
- Water Melon—Is rich in citrulline. 3 ½ servings of watermelon a day can give you the amount of citrulline you need. Yellow watermelon, however, is 4 times more potent so you need 1 serving which would be 1 wedge, or 1/16 of a modest size melon. This will also lower your blood pressure and strengthen your heart thereby enabling you to handle the increased libido and its consequential effects on the body. This single fruit has the potential to address this issue entirely.
Obviously, it will not work like a Viagra pill and address your issue in a few hours. Continuous intake of watermelon for days or even weeks will be needed for real effects to show, depending on how low the production of testosterone is in your body. But hey, we are talking about cure here, not a temporary solution so the wait is totally worth it.
- Whole Eggs—We usually know eggs because of their protein content, but they are so much more than just a good source of protein. The cholesterol found in the yolk is amazing for your testosterone production. Cholesterol has a bad reputation but remember there are two kinds of cholesterol—good HDL and bad LDL. Egg yolks increase the good cholesterol in your body. Good cholesterol is essential for all the cells in your body, including your testosterone production. Cholesterol is actually the backbone of your hormone production. This is why cholesterol lowering ‘statin’ drugs cause low libido, muscle loss and weakness, depression, memory loss, diabetes, high blood pressure, Alzheimer’s etc.If you have high cholesterol, eating eggs isn’t a problem if you do it correctly. The best time to have eggs is before bed because most of your testosterone is produced during sleep. So if your body has enough fuel from the eggs to produce testosterone, what do you think the result will be?! This is assuming that all your other hormones are working properly.
The best kind of eggs to have are free-range, pastured eggs; not pasteurized since they have been altered. You should take 2 to 3 half boiled eggs with runny yolk every day before bed for best results. This at night combined with other testosterone boosting foods and herbs during the day should address all your problems at the core.
- Cholesterol-Rich Foods—I talked in detail about the importance of cholesterol and hopefully convinced you not to be afraid of good cholesterol. Now, let’s talk about how you can get that good stuff. The best way to get cholesterol is through mostly foods rich in mono-unsaturated fats. These include:
- Extra virgin olive oil and olives
- Nuts and nut butters: macadamia, pecans, almonds, cashews
- Seeds: sesame, sunflower, pumpkin, flax, chia
A measured quantity of foods high in saturated fats is also important for balanced cholesterol levels. These include:
- Grass fed beef
- Whole eggs
- Coconut / coconut oil / coconut butter
NATURAL REMEDIES TO BOOST TESTOSTERONE
- FrankincenseFrankincense was once considered as valuable as gold! And you will know why once you know its benefits. In a nut shell, frankincense protects everything that makes you a man!Frankincense is the extract of the Boswellia tree. The dried resin of the tree is used; it looks like little pieces of gum and comes in gold, greenish color. It supports testosterone in 2 ways:
- It supports your body’s natural detoxification process. It helps remove environmental toxins and other agents that might be hindering testosterone production. Taking boswellia helps protect against the damage caused by these toxins.
- Boswellia extract helps maintain a non-inflamed state in your cells. Since inflammation in the body contributes to declining testosterone, taking control of your inflammation helps protect your testosterone.
Frankincense is used in 2 ways: it can be burned like incense (hence the name!), and it can be ingested. The kind you burn is different from the one you can eat so you have to be careful when buying.
Make sure to buy good quality frankincense resin. The source of the frankincense is very important. The best kind is from Oman and Sudan, therefore, that should really be your first choice. For hormonal balance and testosterone production, it should be orally ingested.
Take a teaspoon of resin (depending on the size of the gum, it would be between 1 and 3 pieces) and soak it in a cup of water overnight. In the morning, drink the water and chew or swallow the resin. It is like drinking aromatic fragrant water. Though not unpleasant, the taste takes time to get used to.
- Ashwagandha Root Ashwagandha is a known aphrodisiac from antiquity. It helps in restoring a good sex life in two ways. First, it helps in the production of testosterone. It increases the serum levels of the luteinizing hormone and testosterone and revitalizes the natural balance of sexual hormones in men. In fact, a study in 2013 showed that ashwagandha revitalized the testosterone count in infertile men too.
Secondly, as ashwagandha is known to reduce stress by inhibiting the growth of cortisol, it also helps in the retardation of natural testosterone reduction. This in turn helps to keep the testosterone levels optimum for the body’s proper sexual functioning.It also increases sperm count, increases endurance levels, and enhances sexual performance. It is available in capsules, tablets and extract form.
- Tongkat Ali / Long JackIt is an herb that grows in Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand. The extract comes from the root and it is known as a powerful aphrodisiac. It is best known for its ability to enhance libido, testosterone levels, erectile function, sexual performance, and fertility in men. Animal studies show that the low sex-drive in ageing rats where stimulated to almost rampant levels. It can be used to improve the libido of both men and women, without the nasty side effects of Viagra or testosterone replacement therapy. The herb’s benefits are greater than just improved sexual performance and muscle growth. The herb helps counter some of the effects of ageing, such as reduced concentration and loss of energy which are often caused by low testosterone levels.
It is available in the form of tablets, water-soluble powder, and coffee, and should be taken as recommended by your natural health care practitioner.
- Korean Red GinsengThis herbal option has demonstrated abilities to boost erectile function, but very high doses (3,000 mg or more) are necessary to get any results. If you can find the supplement with this potent concentration of the herb, you might want to give it an honest try.
- Horny Goat WeedThe name is suggestive enough, isn’t it? It is also known as Epimedium and brain tonic of the immortals. This is a known libido booster from antiquity and a means of encouraging quicker recovery between erections. It helps the flow of blood to the penis and boosts testosterone. Therefore, it is an excellent means of overcoming low sex-drive and erectile dysfunction. Although a lot of the benefits are anecdotal, the herb has been prescribed for centuries by Chinese herbal medicinal practitioners – both for men and women. Therefore, centuries of successful use is evidence enough. Don’t you think?
The appropriate dose of horny goat weed depends on several factors such as the user’s age, health, and several other conditions. A healthy male can take between 250 to 500 mg of herbal supplement with water daily. However, you should only take it under consultation with a natural health care practitioner.
- Tribulus TerrestrisIt is a commonly prescribed herb in Ayurvedic tradition for people who want to increase sex drive and reduce the chances of premature ejaculation. It acts by stimulating the leutinizing hormones in the testicles, which prompt the Leydig cells to create ample testosterone. This means it works with the natural functions of the body rather than introducing new testosterone to the body. This means that the side effects are next to none. As an added bonus, Tribulus Terrestris is great for promoting a pleasant mood!
It has shown to be most effective when taken an hour or so before the sexual activity. It is recommended to take 1 tablespoon (7grams) of 40% saponins extract in powder form. It tastes horrible but zero side effects more than make up for the disgusting taste.
- Rhodiola RoseaIt is also known as Rosavin and Golden Root. It is a great herb to help with fat burn, enhancing energy and boosting brain power. It is an adaptogen herb, meaning it can help your body adapt to physical, chemical and environmental stresses. This is an effective herb for many ailments and has been used since the time of Vikings for enhancing physical strength. In fact, the Sherpa people still use the herb to help them climb at high altitudes, including Mount Everest.
The herb counters some of the effects of low testosterone. Low testosterone is known to create a build-up of adipose tissue, which is fat around the middle. You are likely to know this as middle age spread. Rosavin stimulates an enzyme called hormone-sensitive lipase, which literally burns this fat. If you use this while exercising regularly, it can really have dramatic effects on weight. 500 mg capsule a day is sufficient to produce significant results. However, like all herbs and supplements you should take it under the supervision of your health care practitioner.
- MoringaMoringa benefits the hormonal balance of both men and women. Hormonal balance is one of the key features of a healthy body and a healthy mind, therefore this herb is beneficial in more ways than just encouraging testosterone production. In fact, based on its amazing overall benefits, it should be your must-have herb! There have been over 1300 studies, articles and reports that have made claims about the healing properties of Moringa. The best way to consume Moringa is in powdered form which can be added to juices, smoothies, or yogurt.
- Honey + Bee Propolis + Bee Pollen + Royal JellyThe synergy when these 4 ingredients are combined is incredible and can pretty much give you all the nutrition you need. Both quantity and quality of the ingredients are very important. Make sure you get the organic royal jelly, bee Propolis and honey. You can buy the ingredients separately and mix them or buy a good quality supplement which contains these ingredients. The potency of the mixture is important and this is the main difference between various products available in the market.
If you choose to buy the ingredients, which is what I will recommend, this is how you can combine them:Honey: 1 kg
Bee Propolis: 500 g (or slightly more)
Bee Pollen: 1 kg
Royal Jelly: 1 kgCombine all the ingredients in a large, air-tight, glass jar, preferably dark colored jar, and keep it in a cool dry place.Pro tip: only use wooden spoon to take out the honey since metal oxidizes the honey and reduce its nutritional value.
- Banana Peel MassageBanana is an amazing fruit. It is packed full of benefits—peel and all. People consume banana peel as well but let’s just stick to using the peel externally for massage purposes.
Banana peel massage is not going to do anything to the testosterone count but it can really help get the erection up. Get a clean banana, preferably wild bananas but really any kind would do. Remove the peel right before you use it; don’t use the peel that has been lying around as it may have germs on it. Wrap it around your penis and gently massage your penis with it. The sensation alone should get the erection up, though it will also increase penile blood flow which also helps.
- Mudskipper Oil MassageI know this sounds outrageous! If I had not seen its benefits, I wouldn’t have included it here. Trust me on this. It’s a traditional remedy in Malaysian & Indonesian culture, and they swear by it. A client of mine raved about it, so I decided to carry out a small experiment. I recommended its use to a few of my male clients who were complaining about erectile dysfunction. Every single one of them came back with amazing positive feedback. So here it is! I won’t deny you a remedy which has worked for so many.The trick to mudskipper oil is as much in its application as in its ingredients. The oil is of thick consistency, very much like castor oil. It needs to be applied daily for a few weeks before you see noticeable results. Along with addressing erectile dysfunction, it is also supposed to help with delayed ejaculation and penis enlargement.Here is a website I found which details the proper way of applying this oil:
ESSENTIAL OILS TO BOOST TESTOSTERONE
Essential oils are an effective alternative treatment and can address many conditions. However, I believe that in this case, essential oils are a supplementary approach and cannot be used as a primary treatment. You have to use food, exercise, natural remedies and supplements as the main source of treatment and use essential oils to help strengthen the effect of these.
The most effective method of aromatherapy is to use a nebulizing diffuser. A nebulizer fills the room with only pure essential oil. It’s water-less technology allows for the oils to be diffused without diluting them in water. Nebulizers don’t use heat so the chemical composition of the oils in not altered in any way. It works by concentrating pressurized air to blast the oil into millions of micro-particles that will fill any room quite quickly.
You can mix a few of these oils or use them separately.
Sage oil can help stimulate the brain and nervous system and help properly balance out hormonal levels
Rose helps improve serotonin levels and neuropeptides within the brain. It can promote better mood while helping to balance testosterone levels.
Lavender can help reduce stress and make it easier for the body to regulate its own production of hormones including testosterone.
Chamomile oil can help relax the mind and body and promote a more restful sleep. In the process, it makes it easier for the body to manage its production of testosterone.
Sandalwood is a natural aphrodisiac that can help combat low libido and balance testosterone levels in the body. It helps the body relax, making it easier to allow the body’s testosterone levels to improve.
Frankincense may also act as a hormone balancer. In women, the oil helps reduce symptoms associated with menopause. Though the study pertained to women, men should also take notice. After all, estrogen production in males have been linked to testosterone decline and weight gain. A study has shown that frankincense oil increases testosterone production and sperm motility in male rats.
VITAMINS AND MINERALS
These vitamins and minerals are essential nutrients which your body needs for proper functioning. Since our diet is missing most of these nutrients, it is important to take supplements, especially if you are experiencing erectile dysfunction. You should consult your natural health care practitioner on proper dosage for you of these supplements.
- Zinc (50 mg is enough)
- Vitamin D3
- Vitamin A
- B Vitamins
- L-Citrulline: remember when I talked about the watermelon as a highly effective food earlier in the article? If you are unable to find watermelon, taking it in supplement form will be just fine. It is available in tablet and powder form.
LIFE STYLE HABITS THAT BOOST TESTOSTERONE LEVELS
- Cardio Exercises—Increased blood flow to the penis is the key to healthy erections. Engaging in aerobic exercises is the best way to maintain normal blood circulation. It also increases nitric oxide levels in the body which is necessary for maintaining healthy erections.Running is a great way to achieve that, however, you want to avoid cycling. Endurance cyclists who bike often have reported erectile dysfunction problems. You also want to avoid those tight shorts.
- Stop Smoking—Smoking affects multiple bodily functions but who knew it is so detrimental to a man’s sex life. Several studies have been conducted on this topic and the findings are disturbing, to say the least.
- University of Kentucky study shows that smokers rated their sex lives on a scale of 1-10 while those who do not smoke gave it a score of 9.
- Impotence is a common side effect of smoking.
- Some studies have also shown that it affects the size and strength of a man’s erection.
- Another study showed that regular smokers have a relatively smaller penis size than those who do not smoke.
- The urologist Dr. Goldstein of Boston University Medical Center says that the penile tissue loses elasticity and does not stretch as much because of damaged blood vessels secondary to smoking.
- Increase Coffee Intake—This is my favorite! As if the aroma, taste, and the necessary morning caffeine boost was not enough, here is another great reason to incorporate coffee into your daily life, men! The University of Texas Health Science Center published a study which shows that erectile dysfunction was not common among men who drank 2 to 3 cups of coffee daily.
- Lose Weight—Weight affects your bedroom performance in multiple ways:
- Overweight men are usually shy or anxious about their appearance and this anxiety leads to dysfunctionality.
- Weight is a major reason behind diabetes and diabetes is a leading cause of impotence. More than 50% of diabetic men suffer from impotence. Diabetes also speeds up the progression of arterial disease that slows down stimuli transmission throughout the nerves in your body. Of course, penises aren’t happy when they are numb! Losing weight is the best way to protect yourself from diabetes, and a multitude of other health problems.
- Anxiety—Anxiety and stress are the stimuli you do not need when it comes to sex. A perfectly healthy man will not be able to perform when he is anxious. One of the main reasons which cause anxiety is unfaithfulness in relationship. It is such an important factor that doctors ask a patient complaining about erectile dysfunction whether he is having an affair. A man having an affair often feels guilty for lying which causes anxiety and thus leads to problems having an erection.Work related anxiety and stress can also have overlapping effects which can affect a man’s intimate life. The best recourse in this case is to find any destressing activities which free up the mind and ease the soul. This is different for every person—swimming, walking, hiking, reading, painting, meditation—are all effective ways of unwinding and relieving build-up stress and anxiety. Try out different things and see what works best for you.
- Be Gentle—Take it easy when you are thrusting. The erectile chambers running all over your penis can rupture from vigorous misplaced thrusts. In case of a rupture, you need to seek medical attention within 24 hours to stop the bleeding inside your penis and prevent the possibility of having permanent damage. These erectile chambers, better known as corposa caversona, loses its elasticity once the lining heals and forms scar tissue, and can lead to curvature, pain, and impotence in the long run. The position that puts you most at risk is when the woman is on top so be a little more cautious during these times.
- Walk Your Way To Healing—Research suggests that you cut your risk of getting erectile dysfunction by half if you walk a couple of miles daily. If you incorporate simple habits like walking over taking a taxi, using the stairs instead of elevator, taking office calls while standing and walking in your place, taking an extra lap around the room every time you get water or use the bathroom, will add up and you can top it with half an hour of walk daily. Your penis is surrounded by active linings which carry chemicals, and they can get clogged. These linings become cleaner and healthier if you work out often.
- Get Enough Sleep—Your penis has a mind of its own! It needs sleep to work properly, just like you. A man can have approximately 3-5 erections at night in their sleep without them knowing. The main reason is normal circulation to the penis, thereby recharging it. A man’s penis will remain flexible even in old age if they have an abundance of night time erections. And that is only possible if the person is sound asleep. So make sure you get enough sleep.
- Avoid Drugs—Drugs like Cialis, Viagra and Levitra are given to address erectile dysfunctionality. However, these drugs cause more damage than good to your system in the long term.
- There is no guarantee that the drugs are going to work for you. Drug like these don’t work for 50% of the men.
- Drugs like Cialis do nothing for increasing your sexual desire and drive.
- Your body adapts to these drugs, so the more you use them, the less they will work. If younger men are using these drugs then by the time they reach their 60s, they will no longer work for them.
- These drugs tend to work better on men in their 40s, and don’t work as well on older guys, who ironically are the ones who need them.
- Reduce the Intake of Alcohol—High intake of alcohol, especially beer, has a negative effect on testosterone production.
- When your body is metabolizing the ethanol in alcohol, it lowers the amount of a certain coenzyme called NAD+ which is present in the liver and testes and is essential for the production of alcohol.
- When you’re a long-term drinker, it causes damage to certain tissues in your body, which can reduce the amount of testosterone in the testes and it can also destroy testosterone that already exists because of alcohol’s relationship to cortisol which is a stress hormone.
- Long-term, chronic consumption of alcohol can also increase estrogen, which is a female sex hormone. The testosterone in heavy, chronic drinkers may be converted into estrogen.
- Excessive drinking can interfere with your body’s ability to get quality sleep, and that can also cause problems with the production and levels of testosterone in your body, as we discussed earlier.
- Have More SexThe formula is simple: the more sex you have the more testosterone your body tends to produce.
- Limit Sugar IntakeResearch shows that a high level of insulin, the hormone primarily secreted after eating, is related to low testosterone levels. High sugar consumption also leads to overall body fat, which increase the production of enzymes which convert testosterone to estrogen. High body fat can also impact the levels of free testosterones and SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin). SHBG determines how much free testosterones are in the body. Therefore, by limiting your sugar intake, you remove these hindrances and obstacles from the path of testosterones.
- Say No to Plastic BottlesPlastic bottles are not only a strain on the environment, they are terrible for your health. I have talked about xenoestrogens earlier in the article. One of the ways our bodies are exposed to these toxins is through the use of plastics and especially drinks consumed from plastic bottles. One of the most effective ways to reduce the exposure to these toxins is eliminating the use of plastic bottles and containers.
EXERCISES TO OVERCOME ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
I have mentioned earlier that movement is key to addressing this problem. These are some of the exercises which are especially good for you to quickly and effectively overcome erectile dysfunction:
- Kegel ExercisesKegel is often taken as pregnancy exercise. Kegels are great for both men and women of all ages. It is never too early to start doing kegels but you really shouldn’t wait if you are experiencing ED.The best method for locating the muscles of the pelvic floor (the lower pelvis) is to stop your stream several times in the middle of urination. The muscles you clench to do this are the ones you need to exercise.To perform a rep of Kegel exercises, squeeze those muscles, hold for five seconds, then relax. Repeat it 10 to 20 times, two or three times a day. You may want to try this in different positions, including lying down with your knees-up, sitting in a chair, and standing.
- Aerobic ExercisesED is often caused by blood flow problems to the penis. Adding aerobic exercises to your routine can improve your overall health and will lead to improvements in ED. We commonly know aerobic exercises as cardio and I have briefly mentioned cardio exercises in the lifestyle section of this article.Common aerobic exercises include brisk walking, cardio machines, running, swimming, hiking, dancing and kickboxing etc.
CAN ACCUPUNCTURE HELP?
Acupuncture is a traditional Chinese practice where certain points of the body are stimulated, usually with thin needles. It’s based on the idea of restoring your body’s balance.
Even though the research on this topic is limited, whatever studies have been done have shown promising results. In one study, participants were tested in two groups. One group had acupuncture in the specific acupressure spots for ED—abdomen, hands, and legs. The control group was given acupuncture in other areas of the body. About two-third of those in the group getting the ED treatment showed signs of improvement of their ED symptoms compared to the control group.
Some in the control group were allowed to “cross over” and receive the ED treatments as well. Several of those patients also showed improvement of ED symptoms.
In my opinion, it is definitely worth trying along with supplements and life-style & diet adjustments.
Don’t let ED ruin your life. Take charge of your health and address whatever issues you are experiencing from inside out. Adjust the diet, take supplements, avoid what is not good for you and do necessary exercises. In just a few weeks you will discover that you are still the same man you always were!
You owe it to yourself and your loved one to give it an honest try. If you follow the recommendations I outlined in this article, there is no reason why you won’t be back to your normal self in just a few weeks.